Become a Registered Member
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
SASW is nearing the end of its 2019 registration year. In order to be able to process new member applications, we ask that only those individuals who are requiring registration currently for employment purposes make an application at this time. If an applicant is requiring registration for 2019, it will be important for you to have the necessary supporting documents to the SASW office within a 14 day time-frame. All other individuals who are wanting registered social work status are asked to make an application AFTER January 1, 2020 for the 2020 registration year.
Please email the SASW office at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a link to the NEW MEMBER APPLICATION.
Any person who has a certificate, bachelor, master or doctorate in Social Work from an approved social work education program may apply to be registered as a social worker with the Saskatchewan Association of Social Workers (SASW). (SASW only accepts Certificates in Social Work and Indigenous Social Work from the Faculty of Social Work, University of Regina and its affiliate programs.)
There are three registration categories:
- Full Time - for members who are employed 21 hours per week (84 hours/month) or more.
- Part Time - for members who are employed no more than 20 hours per week (80 hours/month) or less.
- Non Practising - for members who are:
- on full time educational leave
- employed but NOT in the practice of social work (as defined by the CASW scope of practice statement)
- not employed
- maternity/paternity leave - if you are on maternity/paternity leave, you are encouraged to maintain your registration during your leave as the registration fee is reduced while on leave and non-practising members are exempt from reporting continuing education for the period of their non-practicing status.
|Fee Schedule for Registered Social Workers January 1 - December 31, 2020|
|Full Time Registration:||Full Year:
January 1 - December 31
July 1 - December 31
|Part Time Registration||Full Year:
January 1-December 31
July 1 - December 31
|Non Practising Registration:||Full Year (not prorated)||$92.00|
If you have a degree in social work from a university in Canada or the United States of America; a certificate as noted above; or verification from CASW that your international degree is equivalent to a Canadian social work degree, and you have never been a Registered Social Worker in Saskatchewan, please click here.
If you have a degree in social work from a university outside Canada or the United States that has not been assessed by CASW, please click here.
If you have previously been a Registered Social Worker in Saskatchewan and are applying for reinstatement, please click here.