CASW National Distinguished Service Award
The CASW National Social Work Distinguished Service Award is given yearly by the Canadian Association of Social Workers on the occasion of National Social Work Week, to an individual or group of individuals selected from their membership by each CASW member organization. The criteria for nominations are established by the provincial organization.
CASW & SASW Requirements:
- that the nominee be a member of a working group of members in good standing with the provincial organization
- that the nomination be of a social worker who has provided outstanding contribution in any area of social work practice at the local, provincial or national level
- the nomination be supported by three registered social workers in Saskatchewan
- the nominee must have a valid/current registration with SASW
- a picture/biography about the nominee must be submitted with nomination
Procedure for Nomination:
- Nominations will be made in writing and submitted to the SASW office by January 15 of each year.
- The nomination will clearly outline the contribution of the nominee and be signed by 3 Registered Social Workers in Saskatchewan.
- The Award is presented at the Annual General Meeting or at another appropriate event.
- The biography of the Award winner is published on the website, in the newsletter, and through any other means considered appropriate.